HTML – HyperText Markup Language
1) Html display content in a web browser
2) web browser understand the only HTML and it appears
3) We are writing HTML, we are arranging a set of instruction to the browser how to display
4) Markup language – set of predefined tags which are used to present the text content.
5) HTML standards are developed under the authority of world wide web consortium (w3c).
HTML documents are written in HTML editors. Since HTML document is written in plain text, you can use any text editor. However, there are specialized HTML editors that offer convenience and added functionality which allows you to highlight syntax and also allows you to debug the code.
Examples of HTML Editors – Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime text, Eclipse, Netbeans etc.