A Digital Marketing Executive plays a very crucial and specific role as a part of the Digital Marketing & Analytics team. The job description of a Digital Marketing Executive includes:
- Attaining certain and specific goals in generating leads, lead qualification, marketing communication, building brand image and conversion of the leads
- Marketing of digital products such as websites and mobile applications in both ways – Online and Offline. It includes giving ideas for printed materials such as brochures and posters as well as executing online marketing campaigns
- Using Digital Marketing strategies for marketing a product, whether digital or not. This includes online adverts, viral Youtube videos or any online marketing campaign
- Monitoring the performance of campaigns and other marketing efforts, evaluating them and taking proper measures to improve the performance.
Above was the brief description of what you need to do as a Digital Marketing Executive. But along with this designation, comes certain responsibilities which you need to accept and take over in order to comply with the performance expected from you. Some of these responsibilities are mentioned below:
- Planning and execution of marketing projects and campaigns. Ideation and creation of collaterals, distributing them in various media and social platforms and measuring its impact and effectiveness
- Performing activities relating to Search Engine Optimization on a continuous basis
- Creating and executing SMS and E-mail based marketing campaigns
- Executing Social Media efforts and striving to improve the results in terms of KPIs e.g. likes, shares, tweets, etc
- Reviewing and actively managing the website and other online assets and sources
- Promoting employer’s products and/or services in the digital space
- Using and researching the internet and new media to reach new customers, generate leads and retain existing customers
- Analyzing market research and plan promotions, competitions and other various creative marketing techniques based on the research results.
Speaking of skills and qualifications; good knowledge of internet and marketing is sufficed for this role. A graduate qualifies for this role whereas a higher relevant education and /or experience would be an added advantage.
Digital Marketing Executives work standard working hours in the office. They work from office unlike sales executives since most of their work is based online. They usually don’t have to interact face-to-face with customers and hence they will be able to dress casually in most of the companies. Digital Marketing Executives are key to digital product demonstrations as they will have the technical knowledge to explain them in the most effective way.
Successful Digital Marketing Executives can progress to senior digital marketing positions viz. senior executive or Manager. It is possible to progress from being in charge of a particular digital product to being in charge of the entire online marketing strategy for a particular company. It also includes being a part of the vision for the company’s digital future.
A Digital Marketing Executive’s salary varies depending upon the size and profitability of the company he/she works for. The salary offered to an ideal candidate in India ranges between INR 1,50,000 to INR 3,00,000 p.a. Digital Marketing Executives have the advantage of having specialized skills relating to digital marketing and knowledge of related fields such as e-commerce, content marketing, and social media marketing. The better you acquire skills, perform and gain experience, the fatter your paycheck gets.
A unique factor which differentiates Digital Marketing Executives from other marketing professionals is their specialized knowledge of the digital arena. Ideal candidates:
- Should be highly up-to-date with advances in web technology
- Must know all about social networking and viral marketing campaigns
- Must be efficient in using technical language effectively, using all the appropriate internet jargon, and they should know what makes a product innovation in the digital world
- Should be comfortable writing and communicating effectively about technology. They
- Must be able to think creatively about innovative approaches to marketing.